Tunnels and stations
- Testing and optimization of:
- Support during and after construction, seismic events (desangulation), fire (thermal analyses)
- Multiphase excavation sequences in continuum and fractured media
- Working pressures and lining measurement in tunnel excavated with EPB
- Protection measures (compensation injections, micropile/pile walls, etc.)
- Effects on existing buildings and other structures
- Analysis of the stability (front face, support, etc.)
- Characterisation of yield phenomena (squeezing), swelling, hydraulic flow, etc. and testing of stabilizer measures
2D and 3D numerical models which consider detailed geometry of the section, stratigraphy of the ground and construction stages.
- Surface settlement; deformations of the ground and nearby structures.
- Stress diagrams on construction stages.
- Global stability of the excavation bottom.
- Interaction with water tables (calculation of groundwater flow and hydromechanical coupling).
- Hypotheses of long term phreatic recovering.
- Stability of excavation benches under particular conditions.
Waste plants and underground storage areas
2D and 3D numerical models that show great geometric detail and construction process.
- Predictive studies of proposed support
- Long term analyses of liners
- Analyses of potential anisotropic mechanisms
- Testing suitability of the construction sequence